“I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.”Mark Twain
When thinking about traveling with your family, if you’ve ever asked yourself…
- Is all the work and prep involved even worth the trouble?
- I want to travel, but waiting until my kids are older sounds MUCH easier, right?
- How do I keep my kids occupied on our journey there?
- How on earth am I going to keep my toddler quiet and seated for more than 2.5 seconds?
- Will we even sleep while we’re away?
- I know this sounds terrible, but is it possible to actually enjoy traveling with my kids?
- Do I mentally have what it takes? I feel so overwhelmed by it all!
You’re in the right place.
Hey, friend! I’m Ashley (and that is my little family).
I’m here to help take the intimidation out of traveling with your kids by sharing simple tips and tricks to make your next family trip a smashing success.
I understand what it feels like to be overwhelmed by the thought of traveling with your kids and not even knowing where to begin. I know how challenging and time consuming it can be to plan and prepare with a kiddo at your feet and one on your hip. Like you, I’ve wondered if I have what it takes to successfully travel with my kids and if it’s even worth all the trouble.
A few years ago our family packed up and moved 1,700 miles across the country from Colorado to just outside Charleston, South Carolina. Can anyone say culture shock? That move was by far one of the hardest, craziest, and bravest things we’ve done to date, but that’s a whole different story for another day. When we moved we knew we would be back to Colorado often because…
- We have family and lifelong friends there.
- Well…it’s Colorado (hello dreamy mountains, snow-filled winters, and fresh summer air).
What we didn’t know at the time was that through all the 24+ hour road trips (yes, we are crazy and typically drive) back to Colorado we would gain a whole treasure chest of knowledge to make traveling with our kiddos way more enjoyable. We’ve learned a thing or two since that first trip and we want to share that knowledge with you. Traveling with young kids isn’t a walk in the park, but it’s worth it. Whether you’re completely overwhelmed or totally jazzed by the thought of traveling with your kids, we know that deep down you believe that it’s worth it too. That’s why you’re here.
You’re here because you want to travel with your family and actually enjoy it. You are on the hunt for simple ideas to make traveling with your family fun instead of stressful. You’re looking for helpful tips and tricks to plan and prepare without losing your marbles. You want easy activity ideas to keep your kids engaged while traveling, and done-for-you destination guides to help create amazing memories while you’re there.
Simply put… you want to win at traveling with your family and I’m so thrilled to cheer you on and help you make it happen.
I’m here to help you avoid…
- Wasting your valuable time searching for ideas on Pinterest (all those ideas make your head spin, anyways).
- Spending your vacation in survival mode. (AKA stressed out, frazzled, and overwhelmed by all the things).
- Worrying about restless kids in your car or on the airplane
- Getting to the end of your trip and saying, “Was that even worth it?”
I can’t wait to help you say goodbye to unnecessary stress and overwhelm and create a more peaceful and joyful family adventure! Ready to get started with the best simple ideas to make family travel fun?
Step #1: Download the Best Trip EVER Planning Guide
If you’re ready plan the best family trip EVER, get started by downloading this FREE printable guide that will walk you through planning your trip from start to finish.